Wednesday, March 4, 2009

lifted veil

The language in this book is difficult, so it is hard for me to grasp everything that is going on, but Victor does not remind me of Latimer much at all.  They are both from Geneva I believe, and both had one really good friend.  They both also loved, and lost their mothers.  Their personalities do not remind me much of each other though.  Latimer is not good at science, whereas that was Victor's love; their minds worked differently.  I pictured Victor as being a pretty strong-willed character, wheras Latimer seems like the opposite.  He even faints at the appearance of Bertha.  Latimer really reminds me of the character Owen Meany in the book A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving.  Latimer and Victor had some similarities, but when I read both of them, I was not close to thinking, "Wow Victor and Latimer really remind me of each other."

No comments:

Post a Comment